The Benefits of Dental Implants
Before dental implants, dentures and bridges were two of the few options available to people suffering from tooth loss. Dental implants are used as a replacement for tooth roots and provide a solid foundation for removable or permanent replacement teeth. Today, dental implants provide a variety of benefits ranging from improved self confidence to enhanced dental hygiene.
The advantages of dental implants
- Enhanced comfort: Dental implants are permanent, thus eliminating the annoyance and discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved speech: When dentures fit badly, they can slip in the mouth and cause you to slur your speech or mumble. Nobody wants to deal with slipping dentures. With dental implants, you never have to worry about them impeding your communication with others and inadvertently embarrassing yourself.
- Easier eating: Dentures slide and move, making chewing food harder than it should be. Dental implants work like your own teeth and allow you to chew naturally and normally without pain.
- Enhanced self esteem: When your smile is whole, you feel more confident and act more social.
- Improved oral health: With dental implants, there is no need to reduce surrounding teeth like a bridge does. Dental implants enable more of your natural teeth to remain intact, contributing to long term oral hygiene. Dental implants are also simple to clean.
- Improved appearance: Dental implants feel and look exactly like your natural teeth. This is because they are specifically created to fuse with the bone and become permanent.
- Convenience and durability: Dental implants are permanent so there is never a need to remove and clean them, like dentures. If taken care of, implants can last years and even your entire lifetime.
Arrange a consultation
Dental implants are a perfect option for those looking to enhance their smile and regain their confidence. At Broadway Family Dentistry, we offer a variety of services to help improve your long term dental health. Schedule a consultation today to learn more about how we can help you improve your smile. You can reach us by calling 701-839-1299 at our office located in Minot, North Dakota.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!