Dentures continue to be an affordable way for patients to repair the smile after tooth loss. At Broadway Family Dentistry, Drs. Stanley Hirst and Bethany Jensen can educate you on the types of dentures available and what you need to know to protect and care for them over time.
Below are just a few of the common questions we hear from patients who are considering dentures for their smiles:
How long do dentures last?
With proper care, you can enjoy your dentures for many years. Our team can educate you on how to take care of your dentures to extend their longevity and ensure you get the most for your money!
What are the different types of dentures?
There are various types of dentures that patients can consider depending on the number of teeth they need to replace.
- Partial dentures. Drs. Jensen and Hirst may recommend partial dentures for patients missing one or more teeth in the dental arch. These metal and acrylic appliances slide into place using the existing teeth for support and place false teeth where needed to repair the smile.
- Full dentures. The more traditional type of denture is the full denture, which replaces all the teeth in your dental arch. These are made of high-quality acrylic to ensure they look as natural as possible in the smile. You keep these dentures in place with denture adhesives or natural suction.
- Implant-retained dentures. One of the most popular options is the implant-retained denture. This is a denture that is more conservative and uses several mini dental implants along the arch that hold the full denture in place. Patients can enjoy all their favorite foods with implant-retained dentures, eliminating the fear of dentures sliding or falling out of place.
What are the benefits of dentures?
- Easy to use
- Simple to clean and care for
- Often covered by insurance
How do I care for my dentures?
Your dentist will supply you with denture care instructions to ensure that you protect your investment and enjoy your dentures. Denture care varies depending on the type of denture you have in place.
Who do I call to learn more?
Broadway Family Dentistry of Minot, ND is here to help educate you on dentures and other tooth replacement options available. Call for an appointment at 701-839-1299 today!