Sedation Dentistry vs. NuCalm
Some people worry about seeing the dentist so much that they put off regular appointments, or feel a rush of anxiety when they arrive at the office. You may even be one of those anxiety-ridden people! But, you shouldn’t ignore what’s going on in your mouth, even if you are a little nervous about the dentist. Fear can take over and impact your mind, making you feel like things are worse than they really are. Much like flying, but you wouldn’t let a little anxiety keep you from exploring the world, would you?
And you don’t need us to tell you that ignoring your dental health can negatively impact other aspects of your health. So, sedation dentistry can help you keep in great health while helping control anxiety. But, have you heard of NuCalm and how it is different from the average sedation dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry and NuCalm can help patients relax and can be great for patients who:
- Require a large amount of dental work
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have trouble sitting still during a visit
- Have sensitive teeth
- Have a low pain tolerance
But, how is NuCalm different?
Sedation dentistry often refers to the use of anti-anxiety medication or laughing gas, but NuCalm offers a more holistic approach.
How does it work?
NuCalm helps you reach a state of deep relaxation through four simple steps. NuCalm is administered by our dental team at the beginning of your appointment and takes just a few minutes to apply. While listening to soothing music, NuCalm helps you relax comfortably during your appointment.
- Step 1 – All-natural dietary supplements containing a proprietary formulation of amino acids go on as cream.
- Step 2 – Then, an FDA-cleared micro-current stimulation is started. Research shows this helps facilitate the relaxation response.
- Step 3 – Soothing music is presented through headphones. This is no ordinary music, though. Layered in the music is proprietary neuroacoustic software designed to guide you into deep relaxation.
- Step 4 – You will wear a light-blocking eye mask or glasses to block visual stimulation and help you maintain a state of relaxation.
NuCalm could be a great option for you if you experience anxiety before or during your dentist appointments. Give us a call today at (701) 839-129 to learn more about how we can help you overcome anxiety about the dentist with NuCalm.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!